Back In Memphis Special Edition Vinyl from FTD
From Elvis In Memphis : The American Sound Sessions has been released and our order is on the way to us.
Back In Memphis Vinyl 506020 975063 - 7
01. Inherit the Wind - take 3/M with V.O. #2 (3:18)(Eddie Rabbitt)
02. Without Love (There Is Nothing) - takes 2-4 (4.00)(Danny Small)
03. Suspicious Minds take 7 (3:52)(Mark James)
04. And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind - take 6/M (3:53)(Neil Diamond)
05. Do You Know Who I Am? – take 4 (4.10)(Bobby Russell)
01. You'll Think of Me – take 23/M (4:26)(Mort Shuman)
02. From a Jack To A King- takes 4,5/M (3.01)* (Ned Miller)
03. The Fair's Moving On - take 1/M with V.O. (3:11)(Guy Fletcher/Doug Flett)
04. Stranger in My Own Home Town- Master (4:24)(Percy Mayfield)
05. Without Love (There Is Nothing) – take 5/M (2:55)(Danny Small)
01. A Little Bit of Green – take 1 (3:43)(Chris Arnold/Geoff Morrow/David Martin)
02. This Time / I Can’t Stop Loving You (jam - edit) – (3.32)(Troy Shondell) (Don Gibson)
03. And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind – takes 1-3, 5 (6:34)(Neil Diamond)
04. Do You Know Who I Am? – take 1 (2.39)(Bobby Russell)
05. From a Jack To A King takes 1-3 (3:13)(Ned Miller)
01. Stranger in My Own Home Town (jam) – take 1/M (4.55)(Percy Mayfield)
02. This Is the Story – takes 1,2/M (3.26)(Chris Arnold/Geoff Morrow/David Martin)
03. You'll Think of Me – take 16 (4.24)(Mort Shuman)
04. The Fair's Moving On (master) (3.13)(Guy Fletcher/Doug Flett)
05. Suspicious Minds – take 6 (3.41)(Mark James)
Recorded at sessions January 13-16, 20-23 and February 17-22, 1969 at
American Studios, Memphis
Guitar and Sitar: Reggie Young, Guitar & Piano: Elvis Presley.
Bass: Mike Leech, Tommy Cogbill. Drums: Gene Chrisman. Piano: Bobby Wood. Organ: Bobby Emmons. Steel Guitar: John Hughey. Harmonica: Ed Kollis.
Overdubbed horn section
Trumpet: R.F. Taylor, Wayne Jackson, Dick Steff. Sax: Jackie
Thomas, Andrew Lowe, Glen Spreen, J.P. Luper. Trombone: Ed Logan, Jack Hale, Gerald Richardson, Jack Thomas. French Horn: Tony Cason, Joe D'Gerolamo.
Vocal accompaniment by Mary (Jeannie) Green, Donna Thatcher,
Susan Pilkington, Mary Holladay, Dolores Edgin, June Page, Hurschel
Wiginton, Joe Babcock, Ginger Holladay, Millie Kirkham, Sonja Montgomery, Joe Babcock.
Mastered for DMM by Abbey Road Studios, London.
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD + 16 page booklet.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.